Patient Portal Project for Cox Health – Complete!
Patient Portal Project
In November, Cox approached us to provide an upgrade to their patient portal. We were tasked with combining old medication information from their old system (based on the Centricity EMR) and their EMR provided by Cerner.
As new clinics were switched from Centricity to Cerner, patients were going to lose access to their old medications. Once on Cerner’s EMR, patients would no longer be able to request renewals, or deactivate medications they were no longer taking. This was an issue for both doctors and patients – charts would have incorrect information, and patients would have to call doctors directly to get renewals for their medications.
Cox provided us with access to their code base so we could get to work. We completed the project by adding the following features:
- The Patient Portal combines medication data from two sources dynamically
- Patients will not see duplicate data
- Patient can see medications displayed in a Telerik RAD Grid
- Developed a new call for processing renewals and deactivation requests
- Patients were able to communicate with their doctor regardless of which EMR the medication originated from
- Cox can turn Centricity communication off on a clinic-by-clinic basis
- Patients were able to deactivate medications they were no longer taking
- Patients were able to request renewals in Cerner
This project required working with a couple of different technologies:
- We had to write several stored procedures that used OpenQuery to communicate with Cerner’s Database (Mixing Microsoft SQL with Oracle)
- We added new calls to a SOAP web service
- ASP.Net pages for the Patient Portal
We are glad to provide increased functionality for Cox Health’s Patients. This project was interesting and challenging. We look forward to working on additional projects with Cox in the future.