Written by James
Tuesday, 16 November 2010 22:05
Hosted Office Communications Server 2007
Key Features and Benefits
Designed for business use.
While most companies have email systems they can archive and track, many still use non-secure instant messaging systems. Often unknown and untracked by IT and management, public IM systems open a business to serious legal and security risks.
Hosted OCS 2007 is:
- Secure and private
- Legally compliant
- Built for business use
- Integrated with your hosted Exchange email
Hosted OCS 2007 provides a secure and professional alternative for instant messaging and unified communications. Benefits include:
- Free / busy status – integrated. Hosted OCS users can see whether colleagues are available, away, busy or offline. It integrates with Outlook, SharePoint and the desktop client Office Communicator. So if a user has a meeting from 10am to 11am, they will automatically display as ‘busy’ in Office Communicator
- Conversations are saved. OCS lets users save and search IM conversations inside Outlook, just like their email.
- Secure and private. Secure instant messaging allows users to send messages with end-to-end encryption so sensitive information is never at risk of being hacked.
- Higher productivity. PC-to-PC file transferring functionality allows instant document-sharing, increasing productivity and efficiency.
In addition to a secure instant messaging tool, hosted OCS 2007 provides your business with unified communications. It integrates Outlook email, instant messaging, voice and video, all in one product.
Available separately, or as an add-on for the Exchange Servers.
Last Updated on Thursday, 02 February 2012 02:36